During the time of abolition of the monasteries (around 1780), the economical basis, by then the foundation for the construction of the Baroque Monastery, was heavily cut.

While the abolition of the Monastery of St. Florian was successfully prevented, the compulsory purchase of monasterial property was, however, far-reaching.

Today, the Monastery runs an agriculture and forestry, a saw mill and planing work, a beverage warehouse, the guesthouse and aims at putting a foot in the door of tourism (guided tours, concerts, exhibitions) to gain contribution margins. Various former Monastery shops are on lease, e.g. the restaurant, the ponds, the garden centre and the workshop. A considerable revenue presents the work respectively the earnings of the Canons Regular.

About 50 male and female employees comply with the daily requirements to accomplish the order and the tasks of the Monastery of St. Florian.